Clam pics

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
2,315
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taken with my iPhone 16, an orange lens and my Lensport.

This crocea started out completely blue and under my lights has slowly started to get more colors
IMG_0470.jpeg


This Crocea has always looked like this
IMG_0469.jpeg


My little blue maxima
IMG_0468.jpeg
 
Those are some great photos!
 
Taken with my iPhone 16, an orange lens and my Lensport.

This crocea started out completely blue and under my lights has slowly started to get more colors
IMG_0470.jpeg


This Crocea has always looked like this
IMG_0469.jpeg


My little blue maxima
IMG_0468.jpeg
Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing these with the community.
 
Gonna get flagged at work with that thread title 😅
 
Crocea and maxima are my favs. Where do you get yours from? I’ve been shopping around and I think I will go with Biota but want to explore all options. My tank is finally stable and I’m preparing my birthday list 😂
 
Nice! How big are they and how long have you had them?
Crocea and maxima are my favs. Where do you get yours from? I’ve been shopping around and I think I will go with Biota but want to explore all options. My tank is finally stable and I’m preparing my birthday list 😂
One Crocea is about 3” and the other is 2.5”. The maxima is about 2.5”. They’re all from ORA. I’ve had the Croceas the longest, about 5 months and the maxima about 4 months. All are growing well with great mantle extension and lots of white shell growth. I use my aF4 feeder to add a small amount of Phyto-Feast and Oyster-Feast twice a day with my frozen brine/mysis mix.

For me the biggest thing is stability and good light.
 
One Crocea is about 3” and the other is 2.5”. The maxima is about 2.5”. They’re all from ORA. I’ve had the Croceas the longest, about 5 months and the maxima about 4 months. All are growing well with great mantle extension and lots of white shell growth. I use my aF4 feeder to add a small amount of Phyto-Feast and Oyster-Feast twice a day with my frozen brine/mysis mix.

For me the biggest thing is stability and good light.
Do you just broadcast feed phyto and oyster-feast? I've never used oyster-feast yet, though I do dose phytoplankton. I just got a small Biota Crocea last Friday.
 
Do you just broadcast feed phyto and oyster-feast? I've never used oyster-feast yet, though I do dose phytoplankton. I just got a small Biota Crocea last Friday.
I mix a slurry that is fed through my inD aF4 autofeeder. Mixed in with the frozen food I have the Phyto-Feast and Oyser-feast mixed in. So it gets squirted in with the food twice a day. I don’t think it’s needed, but I think it helps. I do it mostly for the SPS and pods, but if the clams get some I guess that’s good.
 
I mix a slurry that is fed through my inD aF4 autofeeder. Mixed in with the frozen food I have the Phyto-Feast and Oyser-feast mixed in. So it gets squirted in with the food twice a day. I don’t think it’s needed, but I think it helps. I do it mostly for the SPS and pods, but if the clams get some I guess that’s good.

I think that is all accurate. I've never feed my clams (at any size) and they all grew well. I think inaccurate info still flies around about feeding clams. You logic for the feeding of all the other stuff makes perfect sense and your right, it can't do anything and who know, could even help the calms in some way.

Nice pics. Amazing what Phones can do now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new