Clam(s) in a pico

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prozium
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Prozium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
12
Location
Galt, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to put a clam or 2 in a pico I'm making with my 3D printer, and I have a few concerns. Total water volume is about 1.9 gallons before displacement. (Build tread)

calcium depletion, should I make a small 2 part dripper or Kalk dripper?

ATO, will it be necessary for stable parameters? do you think kalk in the ATO would be enough?

I know I'll have to test and see for sure, but I'd like to go in having a rough Idea if possible.

It's going to be a clam only tank, is there anything else I should consider, like lack of fish..?
 
You're definitely going to need the ATO. You'll need a higher end one for kalk. Kalk will help maintain your pH and Ca. Add a two part buffer only when needed. You're going to be doing a lot of testing initially.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new