Clam shell being weird

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dman357
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dman357

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2018
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright ya'll I got a gold maxima clam for two weeks now and I've noticed something up with the shell. The underside of it looks like it's starting to curl. It was on its side for a couple of days before I put it back up but i can't remember which side was facing down. My pics aren't the best because of dirty glass. Please help
20181129_201013.jpeg
20181129_201034.jpeg
20181129_201047.jpeg
20181129_201020.jpeg
 
Also a real time line of the clam will help establish what did happen.
As it’s unusual.
 
It is very possible that it came in like this but I just noticed it yesterday
 
Looks like growth to me. As long as the mantle extends normally, is light reactive I wouldn’t worry about it. As for speed of growth imo it is possible. My T. Maxima has tripled its size in just 2yrs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new