Clam without a foot

  • Thread starter Thread starter rbatch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rbatch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2012
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Eugene, Or.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I purchased a 3"Golden Tear Drop Maxima from a very reputable lfs. It appeared very healthy and would close quickly when I passed my hand over it. I placed it on the sand bed in my 150g mixed reef and the next day, I noticed that the clams foot was laying next to it, several threads had latched onto a piece of live rock. It was just swaying in the current. The clam seems unharmed and looks beautiful. Anyone have any ideas as to what happened? Should I be concerned? There is nothing in the tank that could have affected the clam.
 
This is fairly normal, over time they build up a mass of threads and every once and a while they drop them and start new. Can you post a pic of the clam just to be sure?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new