Clam won’t let go.

rob safron

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
607
Reaction score
379
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a large coral fell right on my clam and a nubby branch went right past the mantle and now he will not let go for anything. The clam is pretty well set to the base rock so taking them both out isn’t working. Even when it relaxes a bit it will not let go long enough to remove the coral. Guess I’m just going to wait it out but this may not end too good for the clam.

78E07240-8136-4F94-BF30-76FB334E17EE.jpeg
 
Yikes!! Maybe gentle pulling till he opens. Most likely has pierced the mantle and that's why the clam is clamping shut...I hope u can get it out and the clam is OK...:(
 
What an unfortunate situation :(

Maybe try breaking off the majority of the coral leaving a much smaller and lighter piece for the clam to hold on to, that may take some pressure off of the clam and it may loosen it's grip.
 
That's great that you got it out! I hope the clam heals up and the coral wasn't a total loss! I'd be bummed to lose either
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new