Clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter rjcranor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rjcranor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
511
Reaction score
12
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a crocea clam and it has a green hair like substance on it. My question is if I remove the clam from my tank and gently brush it off. Will it hurt it to rinse it off in fresh water?
 
You mean fresh saltwater right? ;-)

But yes it will be fine to remove and give a light scrubbing.
 
Anyone
20150711_080741.jpg
 
I could be wrong, but clams are pretty sensitive, so I would use salt water to brush him off in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new