Clarification on GHL leak sensor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add a leakage interface along with two sensors for around my tank. I was wondering if someone could clarify somethings for me as I am confused.. can I hook one sensor up to the interface and then connect another sensor to that same sensor? So say it goes interface > sensor > sensor?
I think that also leaves me with another interface connection which would maybe allow me to add more sensors down the road in the opposite direction of the first set of sensors ( one for my overflow box and stand top and then down the line maybe put one near my sump in the stand.

also Are they like a one time use or anything or will they keep working? Obviously I do not expect to have any accidents just trying to see how long to expect from them.

how do people place them around their tank? any mounting tools? Just on the floor / stands?

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Others can correct me if I'm wrong as it's early here yet.
But yes, you connect the second sensor to the first in a series.
It takes up one slot.
They essentially act as one sensor then in terms of alarm.
Just place them on the floor/stand. Make sure they are flat.
And not single use, they keep working.

Cheers, Tony

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sensors can be daisy chained nearly endlessly just off 1 port on the interface.
For instance, my set up is interface plug 1>sensor>sensor>sensor>sensor. The other port isn’t in use.

The sensors have about 50-70 prongs that will pick up salt water on the floor or what ever surface you place them on.

I have mine wrapped around my tank stand with a sensor at each corner. They just sit flat on the floor. No mounting.. I tuck the excess cable under the tank stand.. because the cables are something like 4 ft long.

They can be used endlessly (not single use). I have had to take one apart and clean it because the water will wick up the prongs and it will keep sensing conductivity till the salt is cleaned out. Very easy to take apart. I essentially clean with regular water and a bottle brush and dried. They are a very basic design and only held together with 2 screws. The one I am always taking apart is near my sump. I am always spilling water and of course this sensor gets wet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I ordered today an interface, 2 sensors as well as a new salinity probe and a some new calibration fluid. Looking forward to getting an accurate testing on salinity levels as well as covering different areas of the tank for overflows / leaks. Lol I’ll bother everyone soon enough with setup questions as always!

sharafin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

I have two sensors. I am trying to daisy chain it. Module > Sensor > Sensor.
So what setup I do in the Profilux? Only one level control circuit? Can you share your setup / screenshot. It would be great help.
Thanks in advance.
arafin

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should use this function

1609935040954.png

Sincerely Lasse

Infern0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should use this function

1609935040954.png

Sincerely Lasse
Hello Lasse,

If I already have asigned Programable logic to my ATO ( delayed start after feeding and maintanance), how can I set the ATO to shut off when leakage sensor detects water..? thanks!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a new PL

Function 1 - your present PL
and
Function 2 - inverted - General alarm

Your ATO will shout down at every alarm

Assign this new PL to your socket (at least I think it will work :))

Sincerely Lasse

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back