Clarification on treating internal parasites

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dealing with internal parasites again. The first time I treated by adding GC and Focus to food, and it worked great. Now a different fish is exhibiting signs (this fish was added to the DT right after treatment of the fish in the DT). Either I didn't eradicate the parasites from the DT or the new fish brought more internal parasites from the QT after two rounds of GC. Last time I treated the fish in the DT, I fed the medicated food twice per day for seven days and then once per day for two days, but I didn't do a second round of treatment. Should I do a second round this time?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some strains of intestinal worms are easily eradicated, some can be stubborn. I would play it safe and food soak GC for 2-3 weeks straight.

OP
OP
Crashjack

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some strains of intestinal worms are easily eradicated, some can be stubborn. I would play it safe and food soak GC for 2-3 weeks straight.

Will do. I thought that though the medicated fish showed no more symptoms after treatment, there might still have been infected poop and such in the tank. I know nothing about the life cycles of internal parasites but assume they can’t survive too long outside a host. Should I feed the medicated food twice per day for the full 2-3 weeks?

Back