Clarisea SK-3000 G.3 troubleshooting

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am experiencing issues with my Clarisea SK-3000 filter roller - maybe someone here can help?

The unit is assembled as per the manual with all parts in good condition.

Alarm code:
“Blue and Red light flashes 5 times and short audible alarm beeps five times when the advance button is pressed”

Suggested error from Clarisea manual:

There is a potential short circit in the motor power.

• Check that the wires have not been pulled out the back of the motor.
    Checked - All okay

• Check that there is no water in the connection between the controller and the motor.
    Checked - All dry and in good condition

• Disconnect the motor connection from the controller and press the play button, if the blue light flashes and controller beeps once the controller is funtioning normally. Re-connect the motor and press the play button, if the original alarm code is repeated there is a short circuit in the motor.
    Checked - Normal functionality when motor not connected

What i have so far:

1. All above steps
No changes to condition

2. Unit restarted
After this, manual push button as well as float gauge activation works for a couple of hours

3. Unit cleaned
No changes to condition

4. Paper pulled through manually
Confirmed no obstruction to the roll, it pulls through easily

5. Replace motor x 2
No changes to condition

6. Fully close by-pass
No changes to condition

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers,

I am experiencing issues with my Clarisea SK-3000 filter roller - maybe someone here can help?

The unit is assembled as per the manual with all parts in good condition.

Alarm code:
“Blue and Red light flashes 5 times and short audible alarm beeps five times when the advance button is pressed”

Suggested error from Clarisea manual:

There is a potential short circit in the motor power.

• Check that the wires have not been pulled out the back of the motor.
    Checked - All okay

• Check that there is no water in the connection between the controller and the motor.
    Checked - All dry and in good condition

• Disconnect the motor connection from the controller and press the play button, if the blue light flashes and controller beeps once the controller is funtioning normally. Re-connect the motor and press the play button, if the original alarm code is repeated there is a short circuit in the motor.
    Checked - Normal functionality when motor not connected

What i have so far:

1. All above steps
No changes to condition

2. Unit restarted
After this, manual push button as well as float gauge activation works for a couple of hours

3. Unit cleaned
No changes to condition

4. Paper pulled through manually
Confirmed no obstruction to the roll, it pulls through easily

5. Replace motor x 2
No changes to condition

6. Fully close by-pass
No changes to condition
I am 100% new to the clarisea. I just turned mine on a day ago on a new build. However my alarm went off due to no need to advance the filter roll in so many hours. My fix was holding the alarm button for 5-7 seconds. The led lights flashed 4 times followed by a long beep. After that it reset to normal operation.
Have you tried holding the alarm button? Sorry if I’m suggesting something basic. It’s all new to me.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 100% new to the clarisea. I just turned mine on a day ago on a new build. However my alarm went off due to no need to advance the filter roll in so many hours. My fix was holding the alarm button for 5-7 seconds. The led lights flashed 4 times followed by a long beep. After that it reset to normal operation.
Have you tried holding the alarm button? Sorry if I’m suggesting something basic. It’s all new to me.
Thanks- that‘s sadly not my issue though :) Have been running without fault for six months up until a couple of weeks ago.. I’ve been wrecking my brain, still am!

Astro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you resolve this? I have had one for two years and came back from a trip and its beeping like this. 5 times and one long time, while blinking red, and repeats every ~5 seconds.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back