Clarisea sk3000 roll lasting 2 weeks

anthonymckay

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2021
Messages
577
Reaction score
614
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since upgrading from a 75gal RedSea 300xl to a Waterbox 230.6, the filter rolls for my Clarisea are only lasting me about 2week or so. I have the roller filter sitting as high as it'll go in the sump. I certainly have more fish in this tank than I did in my 75gal. Are others using this size roller filter with a larger aquarium? I'm wondering if I should upgrade it to an SK5000 model that has a wider roll? Most people I've seen here report that a filter roll last them a couple months, which is about what I was getting with it on my 75.
 
1708537191847.png
 
I was going to start a new thread then saw yours so I'll bump it with my experience.

I've had my SK3000 for a few months now but I've been using Hmahli rolls instead of the factory ClariSea rolls because they're longer, cheaper, and aren't quite as fine. Long story short I couldn't get them to work quite right and abandoned the endeavor. So I'm back to the ClariSea brand rolls.

I started a new ClariSea roll 4 days ago and I'm already about a third of the way through the roll. My roller is also on the highest setting. I was getting WAY more life out of the Hmahli rolls (when I could get them to track right through the roller).

Are you still having this issue?

Are others having this issue as well?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new