Clarisea SK5000 install/Reefer 250

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DeanoT88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Has anyone installed a Clarisea sk5000 into a Reefer 250v3 sump. I've just purchased one and looking for help and advice on the install. Cheers

OP
OP
DeanoT88

DeanoT88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am purchasing one of these soon for my setup. Did you ever get it setup?

Hi, yes I did! It took me a whole day to cut out silicone and glass baffles in the V3 sump to make room for the Clarisea sk5000. Plumbed it straight into the down pipe using some plumbing tape to ensure a secure fit. Had it running just over 3 weeks and it's gone through the first roll. Tank has never been cleaner. Does an amazing job! Not having to change filter socks and clean them brings a whole new level of enjoyment to the hobby! I will start a fresh thread detailing how I did it and the finished article.

Damion123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes I did! It took me a whole day to cut out silicone and glass baffles in the V3 sump to make room for the Clarisea sk5000. Plumbed it straight into the down pipe using some plumbing tape to ensure a secure fit. Had it running just over 3 weeks and it's gone through the first roll. Tank has never been cleaner. Does an amazing job! Not having to change filter socks and clean them brings a whole new level of enjoyment to the hobby! I will start a fresh thread detailing how I did it and the finished article.
I would love to see how you did it

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My filter only lasts 3 weeks on my tank. I run it in only a 1" of water to allow maximum efficiency. The tank is cleaner but not 100% I most likely need a second unit. I just have too many large fish for one unit to clean the tank fully.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back