Clarisea SK5000 - worst bit of kit I’ve ever bought.

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m done with this piece of crap. I feel it’s about high time that D-D admits that there’s more than one design flaw in this. My third motor has just died. I had one replaced under warranty after a replacement I’d bought didn’t last long. So far replacements were fitted on 3rd October 2022
& 3rd March 2023. I had contacted Tony at D&D, they requested photos of the unit just to be sure it wasn’t assembled incorrectly, or that the fleece wasn’t routed incorrectly. They couldn’t see any issues. It has had the spacer fitted to stop dirty side creasing, and the unit has been installed perfectly level on a platform in the sump, checked and double checked with two levels to make sure it’s completely horizontal. Clean side role has been kept dry, and unit kept clear of buildup etc…

Glad I’m getting a Red Sea Reefmat 1200 delivered today. It’s just sad to see the poor quality being peddled by D-D, I guess the days of the old Deltec German build quality are long gone.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3000 has been running flawlessly for two years now.. Most other users are quite happy with theirs as well but I will give you that the Red Sea ones are better :)

I did meet Tony from D&D in Waterworld Aquatics in Glasgow last year- he gave me lots of good pointers regarding this roller. It is definetly a wee bit more "hands on" and prone to user errors than other brands..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
A

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3000 has been running flawlessly for two years now.. Most other users are quite happy with theirs as well but I will give you that the Red Sea ones are better :)

I did meet Tony from D&D in Waterworld Aquatics in Glasgow last year- he gave me lots of good pointers regarding this roller. It is definetly a wee bit more "hands on" and prone to user errors than other brands..
The 3000 probably does work fine, the fact that the same motor is used on both units means it’s a lot less stressed on the 3000. There is no user error on my part.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 3000 probably does work fine, the fact that the same motor is used on both units means it’s a lot less stressed on the 3000. There is no user error on my part.

Not sure what I wrote that tripped you up but apologies for whatever I said..

Have a pleasant day- give me a shout if you're in Glasgow, I'll make it up to you with a pint!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
R2R was founded on the simple premise to develop a warm, friendly, suitable place to gather and discuss this hobby for people of all ages, backgrounds, and experience levels. The “Be Nice” policy is something we take very seriously. We have chosen to clean up this thread. Thank you for everyone who pointed out the expectation of a higher standard. If you have any questions, please reach out to me, or any of the staff, directly.

liudachris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s pricy but I like the deltec fleece rollers. Roll changes are easy to do and the thing is built like a tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back