Classic aptasia problem

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd stay away from aiptasia X, that stuff will kill 1 and add 50 more.

I just picked up F Aiptasia and used it couple if weeks ago. So far so good. No new babies.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So abt a year ago I ordered some corals online and it ruined my tank pretty much. I am having some aptasia growing in my main tank no w something like 7-9 polyps so far. Ik that there is no way of getting rid of them now without restarting the tank completely so what are the other options? I have a few corals and nems but they could be temporary removed of advisable. I also have a ton in my overflow should I try to remove them or just leave them? I'd try alcohol or something but I am affraid they will spread faster. I have room for more fish so I to get a file fish. Or I could buy a wand. Peppermint shrimp could be an option but I have wrasses that MIGHT eat them so probably won't be a long term solution. Any and all ideas r welcome thx!
Ive tried tried most chemicals with no success except spreading them and killing coral near where I put it . I tried nudibranchs with no luck . The wand from what I have read only spreads them . File fish have worked for friends of mine but they tell me they are hit or miss and have gone after their coral . The only success I’ve had with overwhelming success removing aptasia is the true peppermint shrimp. I went thru being sold all kinds of red shrimp called peppermint shrimp which were not . So if you were to go that route lookup a picture of a true peppermint and when you get them put them into a separate small ,like 2 1/2 gallon tank for 3-4 days feeding them only aptasia. This gets them primed and used to the taste of the aptasia . Their is a company on this forum that advertises them with a guarantee that the will eat them . As far as your wrasses go try keeping them fed well while you have the shrimp in the tank . Hope this helps

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back