Clean up crew for Nano reefs

naelliott

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to the saltwater life. Have a newly cycled 10 gallon IM Nuvo. Planning on two clowns and coral. Ultimately, looking for advice on the number of clean up crew inverts that are reasonable for a 10 gallon? I have a lot of green hair algae at the end of my cycle and was planning on some Hermits and possible snails or shrimp. Any advice in welcome on the number of inverts that would be reasonable in a 10 gallon reef tank with two clowns.

Thanks
 
Hi everyone,

New to the saltwater life. Have a newly cycled 10 gallon IM Nuvo. Planning on two clowns and coral. Ultimately, looking for advice on the number of clean up crew inverts that are reasonable for a 10 gallon? I have a lot of green hair algae at the end of my cycle and was planning on some Hermits and possible snails or shrimp. Any advice in welcome on the number of inverts that would be reasonable in a 10 gallon reef tank with two clowns.

Thanks

Hello- I would add 4-6 Trochus , 3 Turbos, 2 Nassarius if there’s sand, 2-3 Hermits and a Fire shrimp or two.
 
Hello- I would add 4-6 Trochus , 3 Turbos, 2 Nassarius if there’s sand, 2-3 Hermits and a Fire shrimp or two.

I don't think ther would ever been enough food for all that to eat for a pair of clownfish in a 10g

I would only add a couple area snails. Should be more than enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new