Clean up crew for Nano reefs

naelliott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to the saltwater life. Have a newly cycled 10 gallon IM Nuvo. Planning on two clowns and coral. Ultimately, looking for advice on the number of clean up crew inverts that are reasonable for a 10 gallon? I have a lot of green hair algae at the end of my cycle and was planning on some Hermits and possible snails or shrimp. Any advice in welcome on the number of inverts that would be reasonable in a 10 gallon reef tank with two clowns.

Thanks

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

New to the saltwater life. Have a newly cycled 10 gallon IM Nuvo. Planning on two clowns and coral. Ultimately, looking for advice on the number of clean up crew inverts that are reasonable for a 10 gallon? I have a lot of green hair algae at the end of my cycle and was planning on some Hermits and possible snails or shrimp. Any advice in welcome on the number of inverts that would be reasonable in a 10 gallon reef tank with two clowns.

Thanks

Hello- I would add 4-6 Trochus , 3 Turbos, 2 Nassarius if there’s sand, 2-3 Hermits and a Fire shrimp or two.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello- I would add 4-6 Trochus , 3 Turbos, 2 Nassarius if there’s sand, 2-3 Hermits and a Fire shrimp or two.

I don't think ther would ever been enough food for all that to eat for a pair of clownfish in a 10g

I would only add a couple area snails. Should be more than enough.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.2%
Back