Clean Up Crew order

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dana and I and maybe a few others need some CUC additions. I/we will probably order from Reefs2go. I know some folks have a problem with them. If a lot of folks want to go somewhere else, I am ok with going with another vendor. LMK. I/we will probably order next week.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me down for a total of 40 white leg hermits. They are 2 for $1, so it comes to about $20. The site says they pretty much stay on the bottom of the tank, so I don't want to clutter the bottom too much. Anybody got experience with them? If they will climb rocks like blue and red legs, I may get more.

I didn't see the BOGO turbos at $1.29. Put me down for 10 of them too. That should be $20 for the hermits, and $13 for the snails...total $33.

Mel...yes, they have blue legs, but as Eddie posted, they are more money...and I don't really care what color they are, as long as they eat well. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefs2go prices now for the stuff folks have ask about:

Blue leg crabs $1.79 each BOGO so, $0.90 each
White leg crabs $0.99 each BOGO so, $0.50 each
Turbo snail $1.29 each BOGO so, $0.65 each
Peppermint $7.99 each BOGO so, $4.00 each

They have other crabs and snails and lots of other stuff too. Depending on quantity ordered, these prices may be better. Make sure to do a little research. Some of the things that have are not reef safe. They say so on the site - just verify. Example, they have several starfish. Most are not reef safe.

Last edited:

Wildman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like 4 peppermint shrimp for $16.00. I like the way they would reproduce all the time. Free fish food.

Is this a club order? Ah screw it I will join when I get with you to pick it up. I have been skirting it for over a year. My schedule is really tight. Will need to get with you right before you order to discuss options.

Thanks
Travis

Last edited:

volupte79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, I need some more CUC but I'm not going to be in town for the next several weeks to be able to get in on the group buy. :-(

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scarlets are the best, don't know about the white hermits but they ate TINY

scarlets are best for what, Dave? It's been so long I can't remember what eats what.

For some reason I was thinking that the white leg hermits aren't reef safe but I could be completely wrong. Spencer...research it a bit. I can't remember for sure.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scarlets are the best, don't know about the white hermits but they ate TINY
I'm with Mel...why are they best? I don't have any at all...pretty much cause they cost more. If there's some specific reason for having them, perhaps they are worth paying more for.
Dang, I need some more CUC but I'm not going to be in town for the next several weeks to be able to get in on the group buy. :-(
Depending on what you get, you could probably find somebody to keep them for you until you get back. I've got tons of tank space, but if it's something hard to catch or find, I probably couldn't hold them.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have 100 blue leg hermits for $55.29...so 56 cents each at that quantity. If anybody wants to go in on them, we could probably hit that number. I could actually house all of them, but don't want to spend that much on hermits right now.

Oh...and emerald crabs BOGO at less than $5 is pretty cheap.

The Scarlets are BOGO, at $8.29. Eddie...go ahead and put me down for a total of two. The webpage says they actually LIKE hair algae, so if I find they do well, more may be in my future.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scarlets are best for what, Dave? It's been so long I can't remember what eats what.

For some reason I was thinking that the white leg hermits aren't reef safe but I could be completely wrong. Spencer...research it a bit. I can't remember for sure.
Yep, best out there for hair algae and don't get huge but their price is a bit high for the scarlets. Also, I've not had good success with this company as the losses have been huge and their shipping techniques, esp. this time of year, leave a lot to be desired.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So even at the BOG price, about $4 each is high? I can't remember what they run at the LFS's.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, nice prices there. I noticed that if shipping seems high, you can email the order and they may be able to ship cheaper. I guess the automated shipping quote may be a little high by default. They are definitely cheaper on cleanup crew. Eddie....what do you think about changing to them for the order?

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave - I like their selection and price on fish. Have you ordered from them?

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fine with switching to these guys.

If we order from those guys I would like:
20 nassarius snails (lot of 10 is $5.50, making it $11)
30 Turbo Snails (10 lot $5.00, making it $15)
100 Blue leg hermits (50 lots $14, making it $28)

But someone needs to let me know where we order from and when we're ordering. I have a hard time right now making it out to pick stuff up because of the second job. I'd like to know when the order gets placed and when it will arrive, if at all possible...so I can move my schedule around, ya know?

Last edited:

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave - I like their selection and price on fish. Have you ordered from them?

No I haven't but they have some Caribbean fish you don't generally see elsewhere. Alas I'm not a club member just trying to help folks out. The LA Vic prices aren't bad either and free shipping at $60 (might be a good option for Mel)

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel

It might be a restaurant.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.3%

Back