Clean Up Crew order

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the scarlet leg hermits lived, but I'm not so sure I would reccomend them for eating hair algae. they don't seem to migrate towards it. in fact, I put some of them in it and they didn't stay for long...and I can't tell that they ate any. many of my white legs have already changed shells. If anybody gets them, i would reccomend having some other shells in the tank for them. They all came in Astrea shells, which I thought was a bit odd. Anyway, they seem to have a really hard time turning over if they get turned upside down.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update --- you are right Joel.

Dana of Cramer's critters has been sick for about a week and he was unable to obtain all of the order. I will be on a trip with my church next week and unable to received an order. I will be back from the trip monday the 13th. I will make sure he has the order ready. He will ship them Thursday for pickup on Friday morning. If you still want something from him, LMK by Wednesday the 15th. I am sorry for all the delays.

Eddie

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's almost Thursday, so I'm taking that as a "no" on the delivery for this Friday. Look, mention of this group buy started on 12-29 of last year. It's almost March. I have since upgraded to a larger tank, and really need snails... snails I already paid for. I hate to say that this has been way more trouble than its worth, but it has. Can I just get my money back and do this on my own?

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep. I have not cashed your check. I will tear it up.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still in contact with the fellow, but he is a "one man show", and therefore communication is hard and sometimes frustrating. I will let all know when I have a delivery date. I do not expect anyone else to wait, however. I want some of his ridordea, St Thomas mushrooms and FL mushrooms. I will be getting the snails and crabs that we wanted. I hope. BUT, I do not want to jeopardize the relationships that I have with club members. This could have been a bigger mess. It was big enough though. :squigglemouth:

Eddie

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an order in from ccritters. I have some blue legs crabs for Art. Some Common name: Turbograzer Snail, Scientific name: Astrea tecta for Mel and Joel. I also ordered some Nerites and Nassarius. I think maybe for Mel. In fact one of those for Mel and not the Astra. Not sure. They seem to be doing fine right now. LMK if you want to come get them tonight, Otherwise I will release them in my tanks and they will be unretrieveable (spelled wrong and maybe not even a word, Ha!)

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Eddie...I didn't ask for anything on this order. I don't want Astrea ANYTHING. I can take some nassarius, which is what I originally asked for but then was supposed to NOT get because they didn't have them in stock. But I can't come get anything tonight. I'm working until 10pm. If I had known that the order was coming in, I might have been able to plan on it and work around it but I can't get out of work with no notice. PM me your number and I'll text it to Art so he can call you about his snails/crabs. The replacement astreas for me should go to ART.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some things thinking some folks might not have been able to get what they wanted from another source. We had so many communication problems that I did not want to say I was getting the order. I did not really expect anyone to want any of it.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say this may be the last order from ccritters. The prices were right, but seems it was just a lot of trouble. I rarely see any white leg hermits in my tank now. I'm not sure if they got killed by the reds or blues, or what. I still see some of the scarlets, but they are pretty inactive for the most part. One, I know, died or got killed.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several of the Astrea snails. If you want some, they are 55 cents each if you come get them. PM if interested.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.4%
Back