Clean Up Crew order

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any special way that I need to keep the pods live for you, Eddie? I guess just put them in a bag with water.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was not as happy with the cuc order as I would have hoped. No shrimp, no nassirus, short on a few others. Not really sure that what I got was what I ordered. I will bring to the meeting and we will see what you folks think.

Spenser - are you coming to the meeting?

Eddie

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no nassarius? boo.

actually it's ok. I'm running short on cash anyways. No biggie for me.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should be there unless something changes. I'm juggling some things to get there. I hope to bring some broccoli casserole.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far....

The scarlet hermits have gone vertical, climbing the rocks a little bit. I pulled two of them out of a colony of AOG palys...but wasn't able to see if they were harming them. They have not even made it to the other side of the tank yet. They seem to stay out of their shells far enough to look around, but are pretty fearless and motionless.

The white legs are virtually immoble. None of them have moved any more than a foot. Pretty much, all I see of them is them out of the shell, but not moving anywhere... I'm a bit worried about them. The shells they were in were all astrea snail shells. The shells were all very clean and white, as if they had been bleached or something. I remember a while back, I bought some snails from a LFS that had shells like this. I think I bought 10-20, and within a couple days, the majority were dead. I wonder if some sellers are bleaching shells with critters in them, and it's similar to the cyanide fishing, in that it damages the livestock and can kill them in time.

The blue legs have all scattered and I can't tell them from the ones I had before either.

hopefully, these crabs just need some time to adjust to the tank or something.

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but a few of the astreas ("turbos") are dead. I'll get a full count after a few days.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is more my fault than the vendors

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, Art said at least 15 of his snails are dead.

What are we doing about it in that case?

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was getting the snails out of my tank to take to your house I left them and did not bring to your house. Joel did not get them for another 24 hours. I will replace them.

Eddie

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/30 survived. Decomp set in on the rest stinking up my QT tank, so I pitched them.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I got was crabs, no snails. I'm sure I had one or two die, but nothing drastic. I am still seeing some suspicious behavior on part of the scarlet hermits. A couple times, I have seen them gathered up around some palys..but haven't seen them eat or mess with them. I also saw one up around a green slimer, and a couple inches away from where it was, there was an area where the polyps were either eaten or dead. The white legs seem to have started moving around a little more, scattered around the tank, but still don't seem as active as red or blue legs.

Of course, the blue legs I got are all mixed in with the ones I already had. I'd hate to even guess at the numbers of snails and crabs I have in this tank.

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 20 nerites and 20 ceriths, all appear to have survived.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel - I have not heard from Art. It may have been that there was too much stress. I will work on replacing all.

I know about Art and Joel. Any others need to be replaced?

Eddie

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel - I have not heard from Art. It may have been that there was too much stress. I will work on replacing all.
I know about Art and Joel. Any others need to be replaced?
Eddie

Thanks Eddie.

I told Art I would contact you so that's why he hasn't said anything.

It sounds like all the astreas died.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel

Does Art want more. I plan to get another order ready and have them in next week.

Eddie

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back