Clean Up Crew order

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm lost. Where are we ordering from and when is the order being placed?

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm lost. Where are we ordering from and when is the order being placed?
++1

If you guys don't want to do the order, it's fine. I can get this stuff on my own if need be! I was just holding out because I wanted to support the club by helping you guys make bulk quantities on those lots of crabs and snails.

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of "I and maybe some others need some CUC, ordering maybe sometime next week, perhaps from reefs2go" (paraphrasing), how about something more like: "We are placing a group buy from [website]. If interested in joining in, PM me your list to me by [date and time]. Pickup will be [date and time] at [location]."? just a thought.

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Joel, while I agree with you...you and I both know it's a lot easier to say stuff like that then to actually have thought about it ahead of time.

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it seems that I should have ask for help before I started this discussion.

Looks like we will be ordering from Cramer’s Caribbean Critters (ccritters.com).

They seem to have most of what has been mentioned. And the price seems a little less on most things -quiet a bit less on some others. So, I think I will give them a try. Here is the list that I have:

Spenser
40 white leg crabs ?? ?? need to get a price
10 turbo $.50 5.00
2 scarlets $2.25 4.50

Mel
20 nassarius $.55 11.00
30 turbo $.50 15.00
100 blue leg $.28 28.00

Travis
4 Peppermint shrimp ?? ?? need to get a price

Joel
30 Turbos $.50 15.00
30 ceriths $.80 24.00
1 Purple Sea Whip – SM $10 Med 10.00
1 Rock Flower Anemone $3 3.00 Vendor said did not have much color

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Janie:

5 pack Nerites X4 (total 20) $2@ = $10

10 pack Fl Ceriths X2 (20) $8@ = $16
--------
$26

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Eddie! The ceriths are double the price compared to R2Go, so I'll just nix those and the drab anemone. So that's 30 Turbos $.50 and a small or medium purple gorgonian 10.00

EvilMel

doesn't click links
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not want the Astreas that they are calling Turbo snails. I want the ones called Turban snails. They're $0.85/each instead of $0.50/each. Please don't order me astreas! hah hah.

Can I get bumped down to 20 Turbos instead of 30? The other stuff I'm ok with.

Last edited:

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spenser
40 white leg crabs ?? ?? need to get a price
10 turbo $.50 5.00
2 scarlets $2.25 4.50

Now that we are sure where the order will be, scrap the above for this revision:
15 Blue Leg Hermits $.30 ea ($4.50 for the lot) Item #BL100
10 Nassarious Snails $5.50 for the lot Item #NS1
10 Scarlet Hermits $2.25 each ($22.50 total) Item #Scarlet Hermit

That all totals up to $32.50 for me.

I'm with Mel on the turbos...they call them turbos, but they are astreas. I don't really need more. I counted about 25 in my tank last night, and I'm sure there were more that I couldn't see at the time.

Blue leg hermits are 30 cents each, but Buying 50 blue legs drops the price from 30 cents to 28 cents...not enough break to get me to buy 50, but if anybody else wants some, we can go in on them. The quantity I buy is flexible.

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer - any chance in you getting (and paying for) the O-Rings you had me order a few months back when we do pickup on this CUC order?

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer - any chance in you getting (and paying for) the O-Rings you had me order a few months back when we do pickup on this CUC order?
Definitely. I'm really embarassed that it's been this long. Whatever works for pickup is fine with me. We can try and work it out when I pickup the CUC stuff, or about anytime this weekend, or any evening next week. I'm off till Monday. Monday night may not be too good for me, but any other evening, I can meet up. If you want a cold beer or two, I'll buy you a couple since it's been so long. If you don't have my number anymore, let me know and I will send it or call you. I'm pretty sure I still have yours.

BTW, my little anemone has split again. How is yours doing?

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, not a big deal.

That mini nem is doing great, bigger than a dime, good eater and very colorful. Unique and pretty. I'll buy more if you want to sell! Same for nice maxi-minis!

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The order has been placed, but due to slowness on my part and a lack of return communication on the part of the vendor, I do not think the items will be shipped this week. If your items come in next week and you no longer want them I will put them in my tanks. I will, or course pay for them too. Sorry

Decalf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to chime in and say I placed an order to ccritters.com also and no communication from them yet in about 7 days. Thats very unusal from venders so I would use caution. Not saying any thing bad but...

OP
OP
TriMax

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will see. We had far from perfect luck with the vendor that I have used before.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back