Clean up crew?

Bennutri

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2019
Messages
39
Reaction score
32
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 16 gallon all in one nano tank cube, what and how many clean up crew should i get? Whitch are best or most effective and where is a good recommendation to order online for a good price? Local store has baby hermits only
 
Definitely pick up a couple snails. I just got 5 today as a start for my 30 gal. Do you have a sandbed in your tank? Each type of snail does something different but for sure the nassarius snails are really cool to help clean your sandbed of you have it. I picked up 2 today and love watching how they bury themselves right into the sand with just their little antenna sticking out as they move around
 
Yeah i got a deep sand bed about 3 to five inches, nassarious snails got it sweet thanks
 
Hi, Turbo snails are very good but make sure you get those that self right themselves when they fall over
 
Two each:
Nassarius
Trochus
Astrea
Turbo
Nerite
 
13 gallons here
3 astrea snails
2 turbo snails
1 tiger conch
2 small hermits
2 Scarlett hermits
1 emerald crab

I added as needed. The more algae that came up, the more critters I got.
Reefcleaners has nice packages that ship free.
 
Be ware that hermits will eat your snails in a small tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new