Clean your sand bed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RedReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
3,700
Reaction score
8,909
Location
Nc
Rating - 92.3%
12   1   0
How many people vacuum their sand bed? I've always pulled my water change by vacuuming my sand. I now running a higher end sps reef and I'm trying to fine tune everything I'm doing. I have plenty of sand critters to turn it for me. Should I just pull my water changes off the top. I would like to see how some of my R2R reefers do it mainly on sps systems. Any info is greatly appreciated!
 
Last edited:
i pull from top .. never stir the sand bed .. that can be a bad bad thing ..
 
NEVER.........If you like your sand bed, you can keep your sand bed......period!!
Let the fish, critters turn it for you.

How big is your tank and what kind of livestock do you have?
Running a sump with skimmer?
How do you create your water movement in your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new