Cleaner shrimp bothering goby?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do know that cleaner shrimps are supposed to “clean” fish and in their gills but is it supposed to be very often? My shrimp cleans my yellow goby like 3-4 times a day. If this is normal behavior how do i get it to clean my other fish? It never touches my other fish at all. I have 2 clowns and 3 pj cardinals.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do know that cleaner shrimps are supposed to “clean” fish and in their gills but is it supposed to be very often? My shrimp cleans my yellow goby like 3-4 times a day. If this is normal behavior how do i get it to clean my other fish? It never touches my other fish at all. I have 2 clowns and 3 pj cardinals.
Some shrimp can get clingy. Does the goby seem stressed or missing scales or phased by the shrimp? If not then it’s nothung to worry about. The shrimp will decide on its own who to clean and will sooner or later get to most or all the fish inhabitants

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some shrimp can get clingy. Does the goby seem stressed or missing scales or phased by the shrimp? If not then it’s nothung to worry about. The shrimp will decide on its own who to clean and will sooner or later get to most or all the fish inhabitants
Doesn’t seem to be bothering the goby at all, just seems like the shrimp is cleaning him alot more than he needs to haha.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish and wrasse will never let my cleaner shrimp touch them. Only my fire goby
It’s common that smaller wrasse species like Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus don’t appeal to the Shrimps advances.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is difficult to influence the actions of a creature with such a tiny brain. I am afraid it is what it is. I took cleaner shrimp off my list long ago when I could not get them to stop stealing food out of the mouths of my corals.
Mine does the same thing, it bothers the heck out of my coral but i have a kenya tree so i think its fine.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimps can only clean so many parasites in an aquarium, if your fish are clean of parasite, take this as a blessing, try nori weed or, crab cuisine to feed as additional

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimps can only clean so many parasites in an aquarium, if your fish are clean of parasite, take this as a blessing, try nori weed or, crab cuisine to feed as additional
I do take it as a blessing, I was hoping that the shrimp would clean all of my fish, it usually eats everything i throw in the tank, like pellets and nori strapped to a shell i throw in.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back