Cleaner shrimp constantly going in clownfish territory

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a cleaner shrimp the red skunk one he has his own cave to himself but still goes in the clownfish’s territory and just sits there unbothered despite all the tail whips they give him. I got him Sunday but he’s a little shy and I do catch him outside caves sometimes I saw him digging in himself mostly his chest and picking out things not organs but I don’t know what that is I think he’s cleaning himself? Not too sure, also my LFS said I NEEDED live rock so the fish I plan to get (blue damsel) has somewhere to hide since they will fight over that one rock my clownfish are using my plants are fake since I’m a beginner but I got the live rock anyway but is it necessary? Could I have bought a fake rock? Or was she just trying to sell me something?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be good to get more info as well, how old is the tank? Live rock is always a good idea in reef tanks. There are plenty of real macroalgae plant options you can use instead of fake plants as well.

OP
OP
clownfishmama

clownfishmama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be good to get more info as well, how old is the tank? Live rock is always a good idea in reef tanks. There are plenty of real macroalgae plant options you can use instead of fake plants as well.
I started it back in May

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics of the tank would be good. You absolutely need rockwork for your fish to live in.

The shrimp is probably reaching up between its various limbs, not inside its own body.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back