Cleaner shrimp molt ?

entoturnedreefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Malta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000063387.jpg

This morning I saw my cleaner shrimp active, left the house and found this. I am thinking its a molt because there is no meat insideand I know they hide after molting. The only hideout that I cannot see into is a big cave made by my yellow watchman goby. Is it possible that the goby ate the molted shrimp whilst the exoskeleton is soft or its a possibility thatbits hiding inside the goby cave ?
 
Looks like a molt. Mine usually disappears around molting time. Sometimes for a day or two.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new