Cleaner Shrimp Randomly Died

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bear Claw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I actually have done it at room temperature for well over a decade, letting the mixing pump mix it for several days to warm it up. I just recently watched a video on BRS TV that said NOT to do that with Red Sea salts as extensive mixing will dissipate some of the ingredients in the salt. They said Red Sea salt only needs 30 minutes of mixing just before adding to tank. Idk
 
For what it's worth, the instructions say to mix salt at or below room temperature, and THEN bring up to desired temperature.
I actually have done it at room temperature for well over a decade, letting the mixing pump mix it for several days to warm it up. I just recently watched a video on BRS TV that said NOT to do that with Red Sea salts as extensive mixing will diminish some of the ingredients in the salt. They said Red Sea salt only needs 30 minutes of mixing just before adding to tank. Idk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new