Cleaner Shrimp with Peppermint Shrimp

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skunk cleaner shrimp in my 60g. I want to add 5 peppermint shrimp and perhaps a blood fire shrimp. Will this work? Assuming all are around the same size.

Adept Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a skunk cleaner shrimp in my 60g. I want to add 5 peppermint shrimp and perhaps a blood fire shrimp. Will this work? Assuming all are around the same size.
I have had all of those together in a 90 gallon and never had a problem. As long as there is enough hiding spaces there may be peace. The only problem with that many shrimp is they will keep stealing the food out of the LPS mouths when you feed them.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had all of those together in a 90 gallon and never had a problem. As long as there is enough hiding spaces there may be peace. The only problem with that many shrimp is they will keep stealing the food out of the LPS mouths when you feed them.
I stopped keeping corals outside of gift corals (which tend to have pests and disease as I have now learned.). I only have a few fish that survived an ich or velvet outbreak so I am just going to keep a few simple cool inverts. I guess I will add a few shrimp them thank you.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner shrimp and blood fire shrimp together and they seem to get along great.

JohnGP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be fine, I've kept them together in the past and currently have all three together now with no problems between them at all.

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll be fine; just make sure that they have enough to eat

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner shrimp and blood fire shrimp together and they seem to get along great.
Does order I add them matter as I already have a skunk cleaner and I should pick up some peppermint shrimp tomorrow?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does order I add them matter as I already have a skunk cleaner and I should pick up some peppermint shrimp tomorrow?
I don't believe who enters first is much of an issue with shrimp. My blood fire shrimp was in the tank first and then I added the cleaner shrimp. But the blood shrimp noticeably stays hidden most of the time while the cleaner shrimp is almost always out in the open. But blood shrimp are known to be more reclusive...his hiding isn't due to any aggression toward him.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have not seen any shrimp in a while but a few peppermint shrimp were seen today. I wonder if my cleaner could be alive or if its too big to have gone missing for so long without being dead.

Back