cleaner wrasse

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a cleaner wrasse yesterday he found a spot to make his home in a rock and hasnt come out .. which normally i wouldnt be concerned exept for i can see him and hes been in there all day upside down but still breathing .. im guessing hes a goner. this is pretty typical of this fish yea? Bill i tried to steal yours but they wouldnt let me lol

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got a cleaner wrasse yesterday he found a spot to make his home in a rock and hasnt come out .. which normally i wouldnt be concerned exept for i can see him and hes been in there all day upside down but still breathing .. im guessing hes a goner. this is pretty typical of this fish yea? Bill i tried to steal yours but they wouldnt let me lol
No not at all Mine went right to work picking pests off the other fish in the tank, The Tang actually opened his mouth and followed the cleaner until he cleaned him!
Bill

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you are talking about a blue streak cleaner wrasse... they do like to make there homes in small cracks or holes... mine makes its home in an empty tunicate shell. Creates the cocoon in there when it sleeps. I don't think yours is necessarily dying. Give it some more time before you call it. I've had mine over 2 years now, it eats everything.

OP
OP
gmoney243

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea he seems to have turned himself upright .. i was only worried cause he was upside down. mine was also hiding at the store maybe that shoulda been my sign not to buy him when bills was swimming around in the tank lol. ive read that a large part of these fish die when u get them but wanted to ask what peoples experiences are from here.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine slept in a crevice at night with the mucus cocoon too. When I first dropped it in, it was at night, and he immediately found a spot and did it. But then came out the next day.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back