When to end quarantine?

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around a week ago my lawnmower blenny was exposed to brooklynella while in quarantine due to another fish. I never saw any symptoms, never any mucus or buildup and he seemed perfectly healthy but I still decided to freshwater dip and transfer to a new quarantine by itself. He has been treated for around a week straight with ruby rally reef and freshwater dips followed by a transfer to a brand new sterile quarantine tank each time. Im wondering if its safe to transfer him to my 29 gallon as hes been through heavy treatment and never showed any signs of proper sickness other than breathing quickly. I probably over reacted a bit due to loosing so many fish to brooklynella in the past but im thinking its time I put him into a proper tank so he doesnt starve from stress.

Is it safe to do so now? hes been through I believe 3 freshwater dips followed by a transfer to a sterile tank with ruby rally pro along the whole way. I feel as if it is safe now as hes not showing any symptoms other than stress and its been a week of heavy treatment. I dont want to keep quaranting because hes not eating from what ive seen

I had a previous thread about this situation but it died down and this is also somewhat unrelated

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the fish been removed from the known infected one?

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think your fish needs a 300g quaratine tank and radion lights.
lol that is ridiculous. my fish could never survive that. The ammonia would build up within an hour and I need to quarantine this fish for a year before I can even THINK about adding even adding it to a display tank. I need at least a 1000 gallon in order to keep the fish alive. And even then I need hourly water changes.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking about moving him tonight as otherwise I need to do a water change and it will add to the stress. Last chance to speak on the matter before it is done but I am thinking it will be ok as this treatment has been very intensive. Probably a bit too intensive

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im thinking about moving him tonight as otherwise I need to do a water change and it will add to the stress. Last chance to speak on the matter before it is done but I am thinking it will be ok as this treatment has been very intensive. Probably a bit too intensive
I just woke up - as an afterthought - the main issue would be while the blenny was resistant to brooklynella, it could still be carrying it. If the fish in the new tank are really sensitive to Brook, like clownfish, there could still be a risk. However, Brook has a direct life cycle without a resting stage, so it doesn’t linger like it does.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just woke up - as an afterthought - the main issue would be while the blenny was resistant to brooklynella, it could still be carrying it. If the fish in the new tank are really sensitive to Brook, like clownfish, there could still be a risk. However, Brook has a direct life cycle without a resting stage, so it doesn’t linger like it does.
Yeah I was thinking the blenny was resistant and that’s why I was still going to treat it. It went through quite a lot of treatment so that’s the only reason I felt comfortable adding it and I also did one last freshwater dip before adding it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back