Quarantine process

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unpopular opinion;

I only quarantine my fishes for only 10 days I start my 10 days after my copper reaches 2.0-2.5.

When I first started the hobby I was plagued with ich/velvet. I killed many many fishes when I did not quarantine.

Its has been 2 years since I started this quarantine process and have not seen ich/velvet since. I know it works because I had a few tangs and a few of them were stressed due to bullying but yet no ich.

But this way has worked for me and may not work for you . It’s still better to not quarantine at all

IMG_2387.jpeg IMG_2389.jpeg

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a couple of years but I have probably only added 4 or 5 fish over that period. I had more fish die in sterile medicated QT so I started observation only with a more natural setting with rocks vs pvc tubes. I will medicate if I see signs of illness. If I don't see signs I observe for 30 days. To be honest tho I do not add fish these days.

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me, I have a bare 29 gallon tank. sides, back, and bottom painted black. Have an HOB bio-wheel filter, heater, and PVC fittings for hideouts. Testing for ammonia every few days. Do a 10-20% water change each week. doing ANYTHING to avoid a cycle from happening.

Once all that is set up, I add Prazipro to the water. Then I add the fish. Im on watch for about 2 weeks. Once they pass that test, then into the stadium of lights they go.

Iv'e never had a breakout of any kind, so I continue this routine. I'm not a fan of adding all these chemicals to the water if I don't have to. PraziPro is enough for me. I'll add chemicals on an as needed basis, hoping I won't have to.

that's my routine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back