Cleaning a RR overflow?????

  • Thread starter Thread starter malira
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

malira

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2015
Messages
595
Reaction score
299
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody clean out their overflow box in their reef ready tank? Do you clean out all the algea?

My son has an aqueon rr tank, center overflow. It's been running 2 1\2 years.

Should I?
Will it make a difference?
Will it cause problems?

I saw a post about just taking out durso pipe letting the overflow drain. That sounds simple enough.
 
I drain mine every water change, just like you said remove the durso and let anything that's settled wash on down!

Can't see any downside, just some lower nitrates.
 
I drain mine every water change, just like you said remove the durso and let anything that's settled wash on down!

Can't see any downside, just some lower nitrates.
That's a good idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new