Scoots 75g Build

scoot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
18
Reaction score
26
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am in the planning/buying phase of setting up my second reef tank which will be a 75 gallon tank. I have drawn up a crude diagram of my current plan and was hoping to get some more knowledgeable eyes on it to see if I am doing anything catastrophically wrong. I have been buying some stuff second hand trying to be budget friendly so I am partially planning around what I have.

As you can see, I have the 75 gallon display tank and an Eshopps RS-75 sump (14 gallons) - I know this sump is a bit small (it's max rating is a 75 gallon tank) which provides 2 problems, overflow from siphon on the return lines, and not enough filtration volume. I plan on fixing the return siphon by drilling a hole in the return line very close to the water level, and I plan on resolving the filtration volume by adding a 10 gallon tank which will be a 'display' refugium with macroalgae + live rock and have a durso (or would herbie be better?) overflow going to the skimmer section of the sump. I will split the main drain coming from the display tank and add a ball valve to the pipe feeding the refugium so I can control the amount of flow to the fuge tank. Will my current plan work? Or am I overlooking something that might cause disaster??

My other plans for equipment is an Eshopps S-120 Skimmer, dual XF330 gyres for flow, 2 Noopsyche K7 pro 4s, Simplicity 1000 DC return pump (max 1000gph), probably Tunze osmolator 3 nano ATO, probably 300W titanium heating element with Inkbird.

Anything I am forgetting? I would appreciate any advice or tips as I set this up, Thanks!

1000007585.jpg
 
Last edited:
Following along!
 
Good luck with your build!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new