Cleaning algae off of silicone

  • Thread starter Thread starter mskurdah
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mskurdah

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a good idea for removing brown algae from silicone? The tank is currently empty and this is my chance to make it look clean :)

Thanks!
 
I just finished trying vinegar with no success (sigh). Where do you get Muriatic/Hydrochlroric acid?

Thanks!
 
You should be able to get muriatic acid at a hardware store. It's often used to etch concrete.
 
Thanks -- now I have another stupid question.....how do I make sure that there's no residue / won't contaminate the water once I refill the aquarium?

I tried bleach -- with a little success, but now I'm worried that I may (in my rush) have permanently wrecked this tank because I don't want to kill anything with contaminated water.

Again, thanks.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new