Cleaning Coral feeding Thingy

Jcon82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I feed Reef Roids and Hikari mega marine with one of those long Icecap feeders. How do I clean this thing? Its getting rather gross inside.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulb and tip probably come off? Mine does, but it's not an icecap. If it doesn't come off, fill it with white vinegar and let it sit then swish it through clean RODI water and see if that helps.

OP
OP
J

Jcon82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulb and tip probably come off? Mine does, but it's not an icecap. If it doesn't come off, fill it with white vinegar and let it sit then swish it through clean RODI water and see if that helps.
Thanks, I'm most worried about not rinsing it enough and blasting my coral with vinegar, acid or chlorinated water.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'm most worried about not rinsing it enough and blasting my coral with vinegar, acid or chlorinated water.
Vinegar is pretty mild and in that volume not a major concern for your tank, but you could easily rinse it with RODI water and get it all out I would think. The best way to check is to do a PH test on the out coming source water. Vinegar is a low PH so you'd know pretty quickly with a dropper test. It can't be any worse than the crud rotting inside that tube for your corals!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back