Cleaning fishpoop

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question today is, how are you cleaning up after your fish?

My big foxface is littering the sand with chucky poop that won't get lifted by the flow, unless I create an underwater hurricane maybe... Vacuuming the sandbed won't pick it up either. Unless I get so much flow going that it sucks up more sand than poop and I don't want replace sand every month.

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my question today is, how are you cleaning up after your fish?

My big foxface is littering the sand with chucky poop that won't get lifted by the flow, unless I create an underwater hurricane maybe... Vacuuming the sandbed won't pick it up either. Unless I get so much flow going that it sucks up more sand than poop and I don't want replace sand every month.
My fox drops his payload in the same place every time, so I put my mushrooms under that spot. Now I have splitting mushrooms and no foxface mess.

Circle of life.

I also have detritivores that make short work of any waste in the sand anyways. So it technically never is waste, it's just the nutrient cycle.

OP
OP
ErikVR

ErikVR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't know they were such pigs!
I currently don't have a cleanup crew other than a lawnmower blenny. Could it be time to get some critters in there?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back