Cleaning IceCap CO2 Scrubber

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a really stupid thing. I was cleaning the media out of my IceCap CO2 scrubber, and since it's design makes it really hard to clean, I grabbed some canned air to help the process. Next thing I know I get the smell of propellant and mistakes were made! So now I had a CO2 scrubber that's really hard to get into to clean that also smells of propellant! I rinsed it in RO a couple times and now it's been sitting for months because I'm paranoid about using it if it's contaminated. Suggestions?

co2.jpg

Just to clarify, the opening in the top is really small and it has a perforated platform toward the bottom which is fixed. There is a sponge on top of the platform which can be removed.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back