Cleaning return chamber of sump.

  • Thread starter Thread starter TWYOUNG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TWYOUNG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
1,039
Reaction score
386
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is all this "stuff", (feel free to ID), growing in my sumps return chamber a problem?

DFD4B951-55C2-43EE-922E-8A1DDC50E47E.jpeg
 
I'd include in my 3-monthly schedule to tidy up in the return section :) LIfe span of your pumps will thank you for it
How often do you actually disassemble and clean pumps?
 
How often do you actually disassemble and clean pumps?
I take my return pump apart every three months to check for any damage, debris and light cleaning :) It's the primary life source of my tank; I do prefer to stay on top of things.. ;)

If you do it at regular intervals like this it doesn't take more than half an hour..
 
Sponges R Us. A sign of a healthy tank. Agree with the above re: maintenance.
So you're saying those tubelike things are sponges? If so I wonder if they're thriving since I recently was dosing sodium silicate to treat dinos? I've "heard" sponges use silicates.
 
I take my return pump apart every three months to check for any damage, debris and light cleaning :) It's the primary life source of my tank; I do prefer to stay on top of things.. ;)

If you do it at regular intervals like this it doesn't take more than half an hour..
By "light cleaning" I suppose you mean rinsing, wiping down etc.? How ofter would you soak in vinegar or sodium citrate?
 
yeah, those pumps looks fragile, maybe better to clean...I am running a Jebao dct12000, cleaned my pump 15 months ago, return chamber, never, still running great! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new