Cleaning the glass of an aquarium with curved edges

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a standard magic eraser style Melamine Foam Cleaning Pads on my tank that has curved corners. Just make sure that it is the original and does not have any added fragrances or other chemicals. Credit cards work well for getting the corners too.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mag float scraper work well for an aquarium with curved edges?
Hey! Sorry to revive this, but did you try it? I’m on the verge of ordering it, but the product pictures seem to line up with that one bad review :/ thanks in advance if you have a sec to reply :)

OP
OP
Z

zdrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting a flipper nano instead. The flipper nano blade works in the corner. Honestly, though my next tank will just not be curved. It doesn't look that great and it's definitely harder to clean.

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting a flipper nano instead. The flipper nano blade works in the corner. Honestly, though my next tank will just not be curved. It doesn't look that great and it's definitely harder to clean.
Thanks for the reply! Yeah, getting in there and using a credit card/ razor or whatever is awkward and i can’t see what I’m doing so inevitably i miss stuff and then i’m angry I missed a spot after and have to go back in again until it’s perfect lol will give the flipper a shot- i love their flipper platinum scraper for the flat sides - i can get into the corner with that one- but doesn’t help on the curved front … thanks again! :)

Edited to clarify flipper platinum

TinyReefObsession

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have curved glass but I would think a Tunze Care would work well.
Thanks! I have that one on my list too- i have seen (on another thread) that someone said to worked well on theirs… may give that one a shot first! Many thanks! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.5%
Back