Cleaning with 91 percent alcohol

Baby Damsel 219

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Messages
582
Reaction score
239
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an empty 55 gallon tank I bought on facebook for a qt there was a little super glue marks so I used 91 percent alcohol is this harmful? there is no water in it
 
Where was this super glue located?

On the glass panes? Or on the silicone seams?

Isopropyl alcohol is a fantastic glass cleaner! — just don’t soak the silicone seams in it! (Avoid exposing silicone to alcohol if possible)

It is also wise to rinse the glass in question with clean water after using isopropyl alcohol to clean it, this removes any remaining residue!
 
If its only contents are isopropanol and ethanol (and water), that is fine for cleaning. Just wipe it out and let it air dry sufficiently to not smell. Same if it is just the 91% isopropanol from a drug store.
 
I put a very small amount on a paper towel and I wiped the area twords the bottom of the tank not on the silicone but I don't know if a small drop got in.
 
I put a very small amount on a paper towel and I wiped the area twords the bottom of the tank not on the silicone but I don't know if a small drop got in.
A drop is nothing to worry about; I’m talking about pouring the bottle out in the tank to scrub it, or similar!

— don’t be afraid to use it on a paper towel!
 
I've cleaned tanks using 91% isopropyl alcohol on the inside, and did not experience anything negative. Just rinse it well and you should be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new