Clearance Lights at petco

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I did make it to the local Petco and they had already sold all of their clearance Coralife fixtures, but I did pick up a couple of clearance T5 bulbs that I can use. They still had a couple of the Fluval Aquasky fixtures that were not on clearance.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I did make it to the local Petco and they had already sold all of their clearance Coralife fixtures, but I did pick up a couple of clearance T5 bulbs that I can use. They still had a couple of the Fluval Aquasky fixtures that were not on clearance.
Really? Were they just not marked or did they not scan as clearance?

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see nothing online but I'm going to go in store tomorrow. I scored a bunch of nls for 50-75% off a month ago

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really? Were they just not marked or did they not scan as clearance?

The Fluval lights were not marked down for clearance and I did not have it scanned.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just scored a 24" marine and reef led 2.0 (32 watts) for 40 bucks. I'm planning a mr aqua 12 long to replace my current nuvo 10, and this should light it nicely (I hope). If not I could always add a low watt bar or single bulb t5.

Thanks for the heads up on the clearance!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just scored a 24" marine and reef led 2.0 (32 watts) for 40 bucks. I'm planning a mr aqua 12 long to replace my current nuvo 10, and this should light it nicely (I hope). If not I could always add a low watt bar or single bulb t5.

Thanks for the heads up on the clearance!

That's awesome! Congratulations on the deal on the light!

@Old Fritz - I was running an errand near the local Petco today so decided to stop in and ask about the Fluval Aquasky that wasn't marked down. They scanned it for me and said that in their system it still showed full price so I'm not sure how the system works. They did tell me that the New Tampa store (about 45 minutes to an hour away) still had lights on clearance, but I'm not sure that I'll have time soon.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Old Fritz - I was running an errand near the local Petco today so decided to stop in and ask about the Fluval Aquasky that wasn't marked down. They scanned it for me and said that in their system it still showed full price so I'm not sure how the system works. They did tell me that the New Tampa store (about 45 minutes to an hour away) still had lights on clearance, but I'm not sure that I'll have time soon.
Not sure where you are, but this was the palm harbor store. They had a 48" for ~$60 too that I skipped.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Brandon store has the 36" I want, but it's $100 still. Heck I might grab that 48 for a rainy day...

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

that's weird. Maybe higher volume stores are keeping them. Don't really have an answer on that one

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to 2 local Petcos... 1 in NY and 1 in Ct ... both had lights at 50% off, said that different areas/districts do clearance sales on different schedules. Eventually they will be further reduced

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to 2 local Petcos... 1 in NY and 1 in Ct ... both had lights at 50% off, said that different areas/districts do clearance sales on different schedules. Eventually they will be further reduced
huh generally thought they all went towards a discounted price at the same time since all the equipment for new displays is generally shipped out to every store around the same time.

My bad guys I would call in advanced first

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they may be run like Wal-mart where the manager has full power over clearance markdowns. You can find an item on clearance at 50% at one Wal-mart and then go to the closet one near by and they will still be at regular price for weeks. They also will not price match between stores.

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like they may be run like Wal-mart where the manager has full power over clearance markdowns. You can find an item on clearance at 50% at one Wal-mart and then go to the closet one near by and they will still be at regular price for weeks. They also will not price match between stores.
manager has no control over it. Its automatically updated in the computer system

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
manager has no control over it. Its automatically updated in the computer system

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$32 for 48-60" Fluval Aquasky today. Still no price drop on any of the CoralLife fixtures.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back