Clearwater Algae Turf Scrubber CW100

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to buy a CW100 Clearwater ATS V1 that’s used with a Sicce for $100. I’ve been dealing with GHA in one of my tanks and came across this. I’ve read the reviews on BRS and people have complained about them leaking along with light bleed.

I was curious to see if anybody has used one and has any feedback on it? Also curious to see if the asking price is reasonable for what I’m going to achieve.

I carbon dose and skim wet with no refugium. I have trouble keeping my nitrates above 0 but my phosphates are around 1. I’m hoping to find a way to achieve an NP balance. I’m also curious if the ATS happens to workout, would I need to discontinue carbon dosing?

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youre struggling with nitrates why are you carbon dosing?
As of recently sorry. I’ve been carbon dosing for several years now and upon siphoning the detritus from my sump it bottomed out. Prior I was able to feed heavy and adjust my dose every so often if my nitrates dipped below 10 or above 20. I maintained 10-15 consistently but can’t seem to get them up despite disabling my dosing pump schedule a few days ago. I want to try and raise them with food prior to dosing nitrate

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick deal. Take it. Make sure lights are working. Paid 600 for my cw-50 no pump. Hair algae will clear up i. A couple weeks

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick deal. Take it. Make sure lights are working. Paid 600 for my cw-50 no pump. Hair algae will clear up i. A couple weeks
Ah thank you! I’ll be sure to check! Is yours a V2?

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where could they possibly be leaking from other then the bulkheads? Mine is close to 4 years old now and hasn't skipped a beat. Yes there is some light spill. Quite frankly I think it's criminal what clearwater charges for the light shields separately. I would never pay it so I just run like you see in the pic.
Although.....I would never put one where if it did leak it wouldn't just go back into the sump. Some of the half baked stuff you see here on R2R just makes me shake my head.
Heres mine sitting on a shelf in my sump so if it did leak what would it matter?
UKJ5Jyv.jpg

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah the one I’m checking out is the V1 which is why I had some concerns. Seems like they improved the V2

OP
OP
i0nz

i0nz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where could they possibly be leaking from other then the bulkheads? Mine is close to 4 years old now and hasn't skipped a beat. Yes there is some light spill. Quite frankly I think it's criminal what clearwater charges for the light shields separately. I would never pay it so I just run like you see in the pic.
Although.....I would never put one where if it did leak it wouldn't just go back into the sump. Some of the half baked stuff you see here on R2R just makes me shake my head.
Heres mine sitting on a shelf in my sump so if it did leak what would it matter?
UKJ5Jyv.jpg

Thank you for posting this! I suppose you are right about the leaking potential and the bulkheads. After re reading the posts about it leaking others stated it was due to clogging from the side spay bar design yet the reviews weren’t as bad as I thought. I’d just need to manufacturer some sort of a brace to be able to mount it above my sump with my current setup. Even then the space is pretty tight. I think for the price it’s worth giving it a shot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back