• Varios-8

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

D_Reep1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am planning my next tank build. It will be a 340 gallon tank (130"x24"x25"). I am going to do 4 separate closed loops. Ill attach the picture. each color is a seperate closed loop being run by either an ecotech vectra L1 or a Reef Octo Varios-8. Im not sure which pump to go with. I was originally planning on doing the 4 vectras but I kept finding negatives reviews about running them externally and as closed loops. Flawless from what I've read in the water but an accident waiting to happen if oyu run them externally. Would love some personal feedback about either pump if anyone here has ran one on a closed loop.

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 9.14.12 PM.png

CODE3EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Varios..... hands down, I’ve heard too many issues with Vectras. Just my 2 cents.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the Vectra M1 on my CL. Been ticking along now for almost 3 years.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I setup my closed loop on my 233 four years ago and started with a Reeflo Dart/Snapper.
But after a year or so I got tired of the hum so when the Vectra L1 came out I jumped on it.
I absolutely loved it. It was dead quiet.
Unfortunately inside 6-7 months the pump itself was dead too.
I contacted ETM and within 3 days I had a replacement L1.
All was good for another 6-7 months and then the replacement died too.
This time they said they would send me a new pump, but shipped it ground shipping.
By the time it arrived I had decided to go a different direction.
I went with a 150 watt Red Dragon pump. More flow and just as quiet.
All during that time my M1 just chugged along like it was suppose to.
But I switched it out too, with another RD3 pump.

I was also looking at switching out my skimmer pump and ended up with a VarioS-6 skimmer pump. I was watching how they were working out for people and saw no negative posts about them.
Very, very quiet.
Since they have been out, I have only seen one thread about someone having a issue. No others.

I'd recommend a couple 230 watt RD3 pumps.
If they out out of your budget, go with the VarioS 8

Rex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I am planning my next tank build. It will be a 340 gallon tank (130"x24"x25"). I am going to do 4 separate closed loops. Ill attach the picture. each color is a seperate closed loop being run by either an ecotech vectra L1 or a Reef Octo Varios-8. Im not sure which pump to go with. I was originally planning on doing the 4 vectras but I kept finding negatives reviews about running them externally and as closed loops. Flawless from what I've read in the water but an accident waiting to happen if oyu run them externally. Would love some personal feedback about either pump if anyone here has ran one on a closed loop.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back