Cloudy tank

Richards Aquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2023
Messages
151
Reaction score
66
Location
Youngstown
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my tank. I used my sand from another tank that had been sitting dry for 6 months. I cleaned the sand really good. I put charcoal in the HOB filter and dropped a bag of charcoal in the tank 2 days ago. I don't get it the last time this happened was because I used new sand but it cleared up in 2 days. I'm on my 4th day and no change. ? Thank you. 😁
 
if it’s due to sand, turn off pumps and flow and let it settle. Otherwise it might be a bacterial bloom, in this case, increase oxygenation and wait it out. I’m assuming there is no livestock in the tank
 
if it’s due to sand, turn off pumps and flow and let it settle. Otherwise it might be a bacterial bloom, in this case, increase oxygenation and wait it out. I’m assuming there is no livestock in the tank
No live stock
 
If it is sand sediment it would have reduced after four days. I would not turn off pumps while cycling. Most likely it’s a bacterial bloom. You can remove the shrimp for a few days to see if that’s the issue. Could be that it’s feeding too fast growth and the bacteria is taking time to to settle. Have you tested for NO4 & NO3?
 
Suspended particles from the new sand and probably a bacterial bloom. No big deal it should clear up on its own. if it really bothers you, you can invest in a small UV filter which will clear it up in no time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new