Cloudy water in 3 week old tank

Islander722

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2026
Messages
48
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I’ve been running my 15gal AIO for a little over 3 weeks now, and I’m wondering if I may be getting some of the “ugly phase” I’ve heard of? The water is pretty cloudy compared to what it’s been and I’m not sure what my next step may be.

Parameters using API Master SW:

Al: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: ~30-40ppm
Salinity: 1.024
Temp: 77.1F

I have had two small clowns for 2 weeks, they get fed a 3 times a day. ATO running RODI and no water change as of yet.
 
More than likely this is a bacteria bloom. Totally normal in a new tank and best to leave it alone so it works it's way out. Water changes will just reset them.

Also unnecessary to feed them 3 times a day, this will just fuel the bacteria bloom. Once a day for now is plenty.
 
More than likely this is a bacteria bloom. Totally normal in a new tank and best to leave it alone so it works it's way out. Water changes will just reset them.
Very cool, thank you!

I know it sounds insane but I noticed some of this cloudiness and hoped I was getting some algae. I really want to get some CUC started but they don’t have anything to eat yet!
 
More than likely this is a bacteria bloom. Totally normal in a new tank and best to leave it alone so it works it's way out. Water changes will just reset them.
Very cool, thank you!

I know it sounds insane but I noticed some of this cloudiness and hoped I was getting some algae. I really want to get some CUC started but they don’t have anything to eat yet!
Certainly wait for diatoms to appear before adding clean up crew, probably soon and you can cut your feeding back to once a day so the bacteria bloom dies back.
 
More than likely this is a bacteria bloom. Totally normal in a new tank and best to leave it alone so it works it's way out. Water changes will just reset them.
Very cool, thank you!

I know it sounds insane but I noticed some of this cloudiness and hoped I was getting some algae. I really want to get some CUC started but they don’t have anything to eat yet!
Certainly wait for diatoms to appear before adding clean up crew, probably soon and you can cut your feeding back to once a day so the bacteria bloom dies back.
I’ll cut back the feeding for sure, thanks!
I also am only using the filter caddy with filter floss, and change that once a week.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new