Cloudy water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

macci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi i have a proplem now has been almost a week i have 640 ltrs tank with zeolite system.

Monday of last week i dose 300 ml of ultra life. From now on my tank is very cloudy like the picture.

I have 500 ml of zeolite with 400 lph per hr flow

I dose balling lighys 100ml alk 60 ml mag and 40 ml calcium evrey day

All is dosing evrey hr and mag and calc evrey 6 hrs

Para are all good ammonia 0 no2 0 no3 0 po4 0 calcium 440 mag 1250 alk 7.2 ph 8.2

The most thing is worrying me is from 5.00pm to 8.00 am in the morning water will clear a lot not all but almost clear from 8.00am onwards the wayer will be very cloud
uploadfromtaptalk1444731110117.jpg

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ultra Life will not harm any inhabitants, but 300ml in your tank was more than the recommended amount. Based on your water readings, you would only need to follow the regular dosage instructions.

Ultra Life dosage recommendation:
The normal dose of 10 ml for 40 L of water can be increased up to threefoldI recommend you run a 100 micron filter sock to clarify the water.

Judging from the photo, it looks like there is a build-up of UltraLife on parts of the live rock. Siphon out the excess.

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bacteria bloom to me. Some things to note if it is......the bacteria will consume a lot of oxygen so oxygenate the water by increasing flow and surface agitation. A lot of water changes will not really help since the bacteria will reproduce very quickly. Over a couple of weeks it should dissipate if you correct the cause (over dosing the Ultra Life) but you may nee a UV sterilizer to totally eliminate the bacteria. I had cloudy water/a bacteria bloom for a couple of weeks and it started to go away but a UV sterilizer knocked it out after 1 day of use.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on uv. you don't need to add anything for a cleanup crew.Isn't ultra life clam food

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi miyags,

Ultra Life is a natural clay mineral that can be used to lower NO3, PO4, clarify water, and more.

Ultra Clam is our clam food.

Back