cloudy water

  • Thread starter Thread starter gfox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
1,634
Reaction score
436
Location
michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up today with cloudy water.I have a tank with 30 plus RBTA'S.All of my fish are accounted for corals and anemones all look ok. The water smells like dead fish.Could some of the anemones spawned and caused this condition in the water.I started running carbon and also the skimmer cup had overflowed.Any other things that could have happen?Did not see any anemones shredded on any powerheads.
 
Yah, I am going with spawn. You have a lot of anemones and some are probably going to be young dumb and full of white stuff. :P
 
Are any fish missing? It’s going to continue to smell until you find out what died or happened. This also happened to me and I thought it was a spawn but a fish actually died. The anemones ended up fouling the tank. Check ammonia levels.
 
Sounds like some water changes are in your future. Definitely keep an eye on the ammonia and I'd increase surface agitation just to keep the oxygen levels up.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new