Cloudy Water

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've had cloudy water on and off for about 2 weeks now and it's starting to kill off some of my sps's. I've already done a water change which helped out a bit and then randomly boom, cloudy water again. I've read that there are two ways to get cloudy water from particles suspended in the water which should clear up when they settle and from an algae bloom. I have no idea what's going on but I need a solution soon cause if my sps die I'm gonna freak out!!!:mad2: I plan on doing another water change in a couple days, anyone have any other ideas of what I could do?
 
Last edited:
ammonia - 0
pH - 8.2
nitrates - 0
nitrites - 0
calcium - 480
KH - 11

All the parameters have held steady at these levels for a while now. No losses of fish or anything like that, I'm confused. Could it be from the alkalinity I put in? Maybe it's not mixing all the way?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new