clove polyp die off.

  • Thread starter Thread starter sp1187
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2017
Messages
13,352
Reaction score
59,266
Location
the duck blind
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I had a fairly large area of clove polyps. (lower left corner in pic)
I have multiple other types of polyps in the tank that are doing great.
the ones in question are dying off. now here's the thing.
one of my bubble tip nems has expanded to where it is taking over an area previously
covered by said polyps. those I expected would not survive, but it appears to have affected the whole colony. anyone know if the what the nem is putting out would go back through the root system of the whole colony to affect areas not even in direct contact?

IMG_2629.jpg
 
Not sure but I guess it's possible, IME mine don't bother softies and my guess is they see them as harmless sting wise.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new