Clown babies

Derek'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i bought a pair of clown fish today and when i bought them the lady gave me the hammer that the clowns were hosting. To my suprise the are babies on one of the stalks of hammer. What should i do. I want to breed clowns. But i dont have phytoplankton ready or rotifers ready. I put them and the hammer my frag tank but there is a chromis in there. Will the chromis eat the babies. If anything at least they have started laying eggs and should in the future.
20151205_152941.jpg

OP
OP
Derek'sReef

Derek'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i have some of this green stuff to feed the rotifers and a (sifter?). But no rotifers. I have done some research in the past. Question is. Moving from tank to tank. Is that gonna hurt them. Should i go ahead and take parents away. Can anyone tell how far along they are. I can see all of there eyes but still no color

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have posted this in the breeding section with a more alerting title.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you've done the research and practiced raising the larvae then just let nature take it's course. It's not an easy task to successfully raise clown fish fry. They will become a food source for other fish and inverts in your system. Pretty cool find though.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back