Clown biting off sweepers

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2018
Messages
2,238
Reaction score
2,147
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just witness my gold nugget swim up and bite the tip off of my space invaders sweepers.

What gives? Maybe she thought it was food floating by?

Second question I notice she has a lot of black coloration. She is just started to get some gold around her face. Is the black a normal part of the transition?

20191115_181649.jpg
 
My clowns used to do the same if that helps. They would nip the sweepers on a torch.
 
Clowns may interact with corals and anemones that way to get used to the stings. I can't tell from the pictures but sometimes black spots or blotches are wounds from the stings.
 
Clowns may interact with corals and anemones that way to get used to the stings. I can't tell from the pictures but sometimes black spots or blotches are wounds from the stings.
Tough to get a good picture. It doesn't look like wounds but just part of the coloration
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new