Clown breeding question(s)

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2017
Messages
4,663
Reaction score
10,206
Location
SD
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some clownfish fry going in a 5g tank (day2). My main question is should I transfer them to a 10g before meta (figuring day8) and slowly put in more water or let it be and transfer after metamorphosis? My fear of spooking them with the transfer is weighed against the lower volume’s risk of an ammonia spike. I’m daily siphoning ~.5g of waste from the bottom of the tank (drip replacement of fresh salt water)

as info I’m following the reedmariculture (reefnutrition) clown weening process.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new